Sunday, June 30, 2019

It's time to be open...

It's time to be open about a part of me.  While I really don't like labels, I identify with the LGBTQ community.  It's something I discovered in my early twenties; I didn't exactly deny that part of me, but I didn't exactly acknowledge it either.  Over the years it's become more evident that this is a part of me.  I've shared this with one friend, and sort of talked about it with another, but that's it.  Just like before when I didn't deny OR acknowledge it, now, I don't exactly hide it, but I'm not really open about it either.

I know this information will not go over well with some people in my life, especially family; but there have been so many inspiring people in my life, that I know will be supportive, that I feel like it's time to share.  I know some of these people who will have a problem with it probably already suspect something, because they're the kind of people who believes that someone who stands up strongly for LGBTQ rights/someone who is an ally, IS someone in that community.  Which, to be clear, I've always felt very strongly about being an ally, long before I discovered this about myself. 

Like I said, I don't really like labels.  I really believe that for most people, sexuality/attraction is more of a "spectrum".  I don't think people are every really 100% one thing.  People can be attracted to different people, in different ways, at different times.  So I'm not exactly looking to put a label on myself, but I decided it was time to be open about it.  So there ya go...

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be moderated. Any foul language, hate, or anything of the such will not be approved.